Saturday, January 30, 2010

Conference Championship Games wrap-up

I thought the two games last weekend were great to watch. I enjoyed watching the Jets play the Colts. When the Jets led 17-6 I still thought it wasn't a big enough lead. I've rooted for teams to beat Peyton many a time and seen them build up a big lead, only to have it disappear. And I was amazed at how fast they scored their first touchdown, at the end of the first half.

The Jets were simply outmatched.

The NFC game was a whole other story. I think the Vikings were clearly the better team that day; if they hadn't had 5 turnovers, they would have won. Its that simple. I also felt like I was watching a primitive sport in overtime when a random coin flip was decided to basically determine who won the game. The Saints won the coin flip, marched down the field aid by a fortuitous play, and kicked a field goal to set off a celebration all over Louisiana.

The Colts will likely win the superbowl. It was a great game to watch. I'll start covering the NBA soon after the NFL season ends.

No comments: